The instructions provided below will assist you in configuring Microsoft Outlook Express to send and receive emails via your CaribServe mailbox. The example given herein is based on the Microsoft Outlook Express email client (program installed on Windows). Configuration steps may vary for other programs.
- Open Outlook Express and go to menu Tools and then Accounts.
- In the following window select the tab Mail.
- Click on the button Add and then Mail.
- In the following window enter your full name and click on Next.
- In the following step enter your e-mail address and click on Next. Make sure you type the address in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to receive replies that are sent to you.
- In the next step, ensure that POP3 is selected as the incoming mail server type. Next, for both the incoming and outgoing mailservers, enter smtp.caribserve.net. Click on Next.
- In the next step, enter your username in the first field and your password in the second field. Note that both these values are case-sensitive. The option for logging on using Secure Password Authentication must not be selected. Click on Next.
- Click on Finish. The e-mail account has now been created.